Forums-All The Curb The Backroom The Street The Cat House New Posts Search all posts Private Messaging Board Statistics
Classic Cougar Community MercuryCougar.net Johns Classic Cougars National Parts Depot NPD Cougar Parts RCCInnovations Rock Auto Discount codes West Coast Classic Cougars
Main Gallery The Curbsters Curbster Albums
Reset Shoutbox
Show All Hide All Address Book The Fish Toggle Curbtime Weather Forecast Goto iCandy
Daily Babe
Butcher shop :55 Funniest joke 9:46 Hungarian 2:35 Inquisition 1:15 Lumberjack 2:10 Dead Parot 3:24 SPAM 3:23 Interview 6:00 Silly Walks 4:03 Argument 2:29 wink wink 2:21 Twit Race 5:19
TheCurb FAQs Your Settings Turn Candice ON Turn Candice OFF CeeLo:F**k You
The Curb
You are browsing the forum as a guest. Log in or register to access additional features.
The Curb Forum Index The Curb
A Hippie free, "No Moose" Zone

New PostsNew Posts    AlbumAlbum     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     GBGuestbook     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Open all    Close all    Log inLog in
WDYD Jump to the Ant Farm

Turn Candice on

Turn Candice off

- Reload Boxes -
 Shoutbox
What did you do to your Classic Cougar today?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheRktmn
Original Curbster

1969 Mercury Cougar XR7

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:37 pm    Post subject: icon_note  Reply with quote

What type carb are you looking for? I have a couple spares kicking around....
Wombat
Original Curbster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:59 pm    Post subject: icon_note  Reply with quote

TheRktmn wrote:
What type carb are you looking for? I have a couple spares kicking around....

Probably just a Holley 600.

Wanted to use an Edelbrock AVS2 (far better carb with annular discharge) but they don't really support Ford kickdown.

I have a 465 (no Ford kickdown) that I might use if the base from the old 750 will fit.

Might all be moot point if I get the 5.7l LS from friend down the road

My Gallery
TheRktmn
Original Curbster

1969 Mercury Cougar XR7

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:21 pm    Post subject: icon_note  Reply with quote

I have a Holley 700 with VS, an Edelbrock 600 and an Edelbrock 750 If you're interested.
They're not doing anything here. I just keep forgetting to take them to a swap meet.
mo2872
Full Curbster

1968 Mercury Cougar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:30 am    Post subject: icon_note  Reply with quote

Wrenched on The Heap again last night.......I must be ill, or something. Headers on, bolted in place, and now the engine is back in both mounts(had to hoist drivers side), and transmission is bolted up solid.

It is confirmed, my existing hydro slave cylinder setup for the clutch is NOT going to work, not enough Clarence, clearance. There MAY be room to go back to a manual legstrong factory setup, but I can't recall if I KEPT all that bullshit or not. Will look another evening.

What will probably happen is one of two choices:
1) McLeod hydraulic throwout bearing which would require dropping the trans AGAIN, new lines, etc, etc, cost probably around the 5 HMU's(1 HMU=1 Benjamin) HMU=Hotrod Money Unit!
or
2) Suck it up, buttercup, and buy the JBA's that would work(or are supposed to, anyway), bolt them on and go. Would require I hoist the engine again, but.....I'm getting proficient at that task. Cost around 7 HMU's.....
Local Hero
Full Curbster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:35 pm    Post subject: icon_note  Reply with quote

Sheesh! in changing out the front mounting brackets for the Cal-Tracs, I had to completely unbolt the whole rear suspension and completely drop both rear leafs, which included the U-Bolts, rear Air Ride bags, and the rear shackles. Everything was disconnected except the the flex hose to the rear brakes. THe rear axle was balancing on the floor jack. To get to the rear shackles, I had to loosen the rear tailpipe hangers. With everything back together, now I can't get the tailpipes to line back up even.

So next step is modding the one tailpipe hanger. Then I can move to the engine.
Bricklyn
FNG Curbster

1969 Mercury Cougar

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:11 pm    Post subject: icon_note  Reply with quote

Went to a friends place to use the lift, changed out the leaf springs that could have doubled for a dead parrot and finally got rid of the old air shocks and while I was under there re did the exhaust pipes, the mufflers were still good so I kept them. Also upgraded to the Borgenson steering kit. - if you haven't done it yet, I highly highly recommend it. The car handles and steers so much better! its really a night and day comparison.

Next on the list - fix the rag joints and center bar for the headlights and check out an upholstery shop that comes recommended to possibly get the 2nd set of seats I have seats recovered in leather.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    The Curb Forum Index -> The Cat House All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Page 16 of 16

Jump to: