Forums-All The Curb The Backroom The Street The Cat House New Posts Search all posts Private Messaging Board Statistics
Classic Cougar Community MercuryCougar.net Johns Classic Cougars National Parts Depot NPD Cougar Parts RCCInnovations Rock Auto Discount codes West Coast Classic Cougars
Main Gallery The Curbsters Curbster Albums
Reset Shoutbox
Show All Hide All Address Book The Fish Toggle Curbtime Weather Forecast Goto iCandy
Daily Babe
Butcher shop :55 Funniest joke 9:46 Hungarian 2:35 Inquisition 1:15 Lumberjack 2:10 Dead Parot 3:24 SPAM 3:23 Interview 6:00 Silly Walks 4:03 Argument 2:29 wink wink 2:21 Twit Race 5:19
TheCurb FAQs Your Settings Turn Candice ON Turn Candice OFF CeeLo:F**k You
The Curb
You are browsing the forum as a guest. Log in or register to access additional features.
The Curb Forum Index The Curb
A Hippie free, "No Moose" Zone

New PostsNew Posts    AlbumAlbum     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     GBGuestbook     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Open all    Close all    Log inLog in
WDYD Jump to the Ant Farm

Turn Candice on

Turn Candice off

- Reload Boxes -
 Shoutbox
mo2871: My man-cave

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheRktmn
Original Curbster

1969 Mercury Cougar XR7

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:47 pm    Post subject:  mo2871: My man-cave Reply with quote

mo2872:

My man-cave build......

http://garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62156

Love Garage Journal, but for some reason, it costs me every time I visit there......lots of "gotta haves".....

So, I've been "re-organizing" the man-den for the last several evenings, and will need to get some pics up. I had originally set it up for "Cougar work", which is now mainly done, so it would be nice to be able to pull another vehicle in for work/cleaning/etc. Couldn't do that before, as the Cougar took up the whole main-bay.

After the re-org, I can now get another car in, and have room to work around them both, plus still have the lawn/garden equipment, and the workout zone. I did discover a distinct lack of hardware storage, though. Looks like a trip for bins is in order.

Pics later......

Well, much delayed, but finally took some pics tonight of the RE-ORG, and it's MESSY again! . Things will find a home, or a trash bin!

Enjoy!

"Shymnasium", shop-gym area....backed the shelves with pegboard to hang garage "art" from....scantily clad babes have already been "forbidden"...at least until the boys are older!:

Another angle of the shym....

Looking from far corner to gym area/front side of pegboarded shelving:

From gym area to far wall:

Down the length of the counter:

And a close up of the counter top, showing trim, "rough" textured finish of tops, and channel used to finish the edges:

The tops are going to get a clearcoat of some kind, looking at the POR15 Pelucid, or the two part product they offer, Glisten PC. I was REALLY pleased with their chassis-coats flow-out, and ability to "brush" on, and it self-level, so, will definitely go with one of those products.[hr]
, in pic #1, you can see two stubs of wood protruding from the ceiling....that is my old chin up bar that had to be nixed to move the shelves where I wanted them. Will finish removal/fixing the holes at a later time.

In pic #3, you can see the new chin up bar at the base of the ladder, how I should have made it from the beginning. Will nail some plates between joists in the attic, and bolt the pipe flanges to those plates through the ceiling.....

Oh, and the hood of the car is DUSTY!!!!! Probably from DRIVING a ton on Saturday in the 30+ MPH Okie winds!

Awesome, just awesome. POR 15 does it again.........cleared the tops tonight!

The product: POR15 Glisten PC....two-part clearcoat.....fair warning, it stinks to high heaven!

Before:

After:

Down the length:

At eye-level:

Nice product!!! Two coats, 20 minutes apart, yielded a smooth, glossy finish. Should be easy cleanup, and provide a nice work top for the boys and I to "build stuff"!

Oh, also hung the new chin up bar tonight:

TheRktmn
Original Curbster

1969 Mercury Cougar XR7

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:54 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

mo2872:

Well, the wife wanted a new "pretty" floor like the shop.....so took half of Thursday, and all of today.....yesterday was grinding day, today was epoxy day.

Before:

After grinding:

And today after epoxying:

Started around noon-thirty today, finished at two, tools/mess all cleaned up by two thirty.....

Next up, new color coat on the walls after some drywall repair....and I can check THAT project off her list!

Well, her cave is finished, other than moving stuff outta the shop.....

Looking from the center bay, where we moved the fridge/freezer:

Her side diagonally across, new shelves(actually, just rearranged what we had) in far corner by exterior pass-thru door:

My side, diagonally to house entry door and hot water heater closet door:

And down the front:

The fridge/freezer used to be way to the right, almost to the entry door. On occasion, when whomever was driving wasn't paying attention, we would park too close, and not be able to get into said freezer. So, since the center bay is "kid toy" storage, we moved them there, and built the shelving around. Shelves used to go up and over ALL three man-doors, now they only go over the exterior access man-door. I'm hoping that will solve the occasional item falling off from above when the heathens go in and out slamming the door a thousand times.

Doors were wall color, other than the main entry, wife changed them all to "trim" white. I think it looks better, myself.

That is all!
Local Hero
Full Curbster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:15 pm    Post subject: icon_note  Reply with quote

T3, I forgot that your shop looked so awesome.
mo2872
Full Curbster

1968 Mercury Cougar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject: icon_note  Reply with quote

, struck by the p-bucket extortion racket, I see.......
johnboy
Full Curbster

1968 Mercury Cougar XR7

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:58 am    Post subject: icon_note  Reply with quote

I still have no problem with Motortopia.
mo2872
Full Curbster

1968 Mercury Cougar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:05 am    Post subject: icon_note  Reply with quote

I'm not going to transfer all I have.......
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    The Curb Forum Index -> Man Caves All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: